We are an innovation-driven startup with two online services (Mifiel, an electronic signature service, and Volabit, a Bitcoin exchange platform) with clients all over Mexico. Our platforms are used by individuals, financial and transnational companies. Our mission is to develop tools that will help build the future of financial systems.
We are a fast-growing company and are currently looking for a Front-End Developer to join our development team. In this position, you will be working closely with the CTO.
Mifiel / Volabit has a diverse team: we do not discriminate based on gender, age, religious beliefs, appearance, gender identity or civil status. If you are curious, driven and seeking opportunities for growth, we ask you to please read the following descriptions and–if you fulfill the requirements–send us your application.
Must have skills
- Experience with version control software & processes (we use Bitbucket)
- Mastery of front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap (or other similar frameworks)
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of React
- Experience developing mobile apps (either in React or natively)
- Ruby & Rails experience
- User experience & design skills
- Knowledge of Bitcoin blockchain
Characteristics we are looking for
- Your code is clean, eloquent and well-written, you think carefully about every detail of your work and you pride yourself in a finished product that is both beautiful and useful.
- You are always striving to improve and voluntarily take, or have taken, classes outside of school or work for your personal and professional development.
- You are able to express yourself clearly to others in both written and spoken form
- You are focused and disciplined in your work; self-driven (do not require others to manage you to be productive).
- You like to listen to other people’s opinions and look forward to exchanging ideas and collaborating.
- You are comfortable directing others and consider yourself a leader, not a follower.
- When you see something that can be improved, you take the initiative to propose or make fixes without being asked.
- You don’t know everything, but trust that you can find out (and are not afraid to ask).
What we offer
- Monthly net salary between $20,000 – $28,000 MXN
- 10 paid days off per year, but you can take more days off unpaid if you need
- Up to $6,000 MXN per year in credits for conferences, books, workshops (anything that supports your personal and professional development)
- Flexible work schedule (the team generally works between 9:30 – 10:30 am to 5:30 – 6:30 pm, no weekends)
- Productivity bonuses and yearly salary increase according to performance
- Great work environment. We have a horizontal structure, meaning that your voice will always be heard. No dress code.
- A dynamic work environment where you will constantly learn and grow alongside talented and motivated teammates
- Possibility of remote work if you have done so previously and/or demonstrate ability to handle it well
If you’re excited to work with us and fulfill the requirements, please send your updated resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.