Would you like to be at the forefront of blockchain technology? Do you thrive when confronted with challenges? Would you like to help build the future of financial systems in Mexico?
We are leaders in blockchain technology and cryptography in Mexico. Our platforms include Mifiel, an electronic signature service, and Volabit and Vexbi, a Bitcoin exchange and trading platform respectively. With clients all over the country, our services are used by individuals, financial and transnational companies.
We are a fast-growing company and are currently looking for a Back-End Developer to join our development team. In this position, you will be working closely with the CTO.
If you are curious, driven and seeking opportunities for growth, we ask you to please read the following description and –if you fulfill the requirements– send us your application.
Must have skills
- At least 3 years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- Experience with version control systems & processes (we use Bitbucket).
- Experience with tests in Ruby (e.g. RSpec).
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge of NodeJS.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Interest in Bitcoin, blockchain, and cryptography.
Characteristics we are looking for
- Your code is clean, eloquent and well-written.
- You are focused and disciplined in your work; self-driven (do not require others to manage you to be productive).
- You research and plan thoroughly before starting to code.
- You are always striving to improve and continuously work on your personal and professional development.
- You are able to express yourself clearly to others in both written and spoken form.
- You like to listen to other people’s opinions and look forward to exchanging ideas and collaborating.
- You are comfortable directing others and consider yourself a leader, not a follower.
- When you see something that can be improved, you take the initiative to propose or make fixes without being asked.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation.
- 10 paid days off per year, but you can take more days off unpaid if you need.
- Up to $6,000 MXN per year for conferences, books, workshops (anything that supports your personal and professional development).
- Flexible work schedule (the team generally works between 9:30 – 10:30 am to 5:30 – 6:30 pm, no weekends).
- Great work environment. We have a horizontal structure, meaning that your voice will always be heard.
- A dynamic work environment where you will constantly learn and grow alongside talented and motivated teammates.
If you’re excited to work with us, and fulfill the requirements, please send your updated resume to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you. Our offices are located in Guadalajara and Saltillo and we are looking for candidates living there or willing to relocate.